Taipei Public Library, China
Address:3F., No. 125, Sec. 2, Jian-Guo S Rd., Da-An District, TAIPEI 10659 Taiwan, China
Phone:+(886) (2) 27552823 ext.2302
Fax: +(886) (2) 27010721
From 1930 to 1947 with donations from local celebrities and enthusiastic people concerned with social developments, four libraries in Sungshan, Chenpei, Kuting and Chengxi districts were set up as the forerunners of Taipei Public Library. Later on October 25, 1952 the four libraries were merged in accordance with the “Organization Regulations of Urban and County Libraries in Taiwan Province” and officially renamed as Taipei Public Library.
During the past 50-odd years TPL has been expanded from the aforementioned four early libraries to the current main library with 41 branch libraries, 11 neighborhood reading rooms. In addition, there are two Intelligent Libraries and a branch under construction, and two more branch libraries in preparation. In terms of book loan operations, manual procedures have been replaced by the automatic computerized management system and will be worked out further by the newest system that is being transformed at present. All these developments show that TPL is a continuously growing strong organism.
As far as the organization of Taipei Public Library is concerned, there is one director and under the director there are one deputy director, one secretary, four